” The best Stealth’s yet! I love their impact responsive smart technology. A real five star choice in XC boots!” Thomas Carlile
These technical LeMieux XC boots have been designed for strength and optimum protection with a new impact responsive smart layer between the leg and the outer shell. This Shoc smart layer is composed of impact responsive material containing free form molecules that remain supple & flexible when not under pressure. These molecules articulate and lock together when impacted forming a hard protective barrier. The shear force is dissipated and thus shields the horses leg. Shoc molecules then return to a flexible state thereafter.
The outer MicroFlex cage mesh offers lightweight protection with 360° air ventilation – permitting exchange of air over its entire surface area whilst galloping, reducing tendon temperature.
Offering cutting edge shock absorption, tendon support & flexible PU strike guards. These new LeMieux StealthAir Shoc’s have established a new standard in cross-country protection.
Available in a discrete black finish
• Lightweight optimum weight to strength ratio
• Smart Shoc Technology moulds to leg & tendon profile supporting the back of the fetlock without restricting flexion & movement.
• Minimal Water Retention (less than 1%) – fabrics resist the up take of water
• Profiled for Freedom behind the knee to prevent pinching under full flexion
• Strike Protection: provided by a flexible tendon guards with lifetime guarantee
• Shock Absorbing impact responsive smart layer minimises effect of concussion & strikes.
• Integral Strength of bonded MicroFlex fabric offers support & protection from brushing & abrasions.
• Natural Fit and feel without the rigidity associated with many other XC boots.
• Non Vented: avoids use of open air vents which can allow dust & mud to get between the leg and boot lining causing rubbing.
IMPORTANT FITTING INFORMATION
Please be aware that correct fitting is essential for the optimum use of Stealth XC boots. To achieve a safe & secure fit these cross-country boots need to be put on firmly.
Remove from packaging and squeeze the strike guards between fingers to shape prior to putting on. The guards are often flattened when packaged and need to be made more pliable for best fitting.
1. Place the strike guard at the back of the tendon with a cupped hand.
2. Firmly apply the top, middle and bottom straps in succession
3. Once happy with position of boots go back and re-tighten the middle moulding-strap with its elasticated section. This is very important as it takes up any slack in the boot where the leg is narrower and prevents rotation.
4. The bottom strap should be slightly angled down to ensure best fit round the fetlock.
Note: Due to the structure of the boot and the nature of the Shoc Impact Responsive material it is difficult to over-tighten these boots.