Best Friend Grazing Muzzle
If your horse is a good doer, it is probably at risk of obesity, laminitis and/or founder. A Best Friend Grazing Muzzle is a great way to help reduce this risk. These muzzles are the top-rated grazing muzzle because of their superior design, comfort and durability. They are recommended by equine health professionalsbecause they help prevent laminitis, founder and obesity.
Obesity Prevalence in Horses
Best Friend grazing muzzles limit grazing but not drinking.
Because horses are herd animals, rather than restricting them to a pen or a stable, using a muzzle to manage feed intake allows a horse to socialise and exercise while significantly reducing their health risk from lush pasture.
The standard model simply attaches onto your pony’s own halter using 4 adjustable Velcro straps.
The deluxe grazing muzzles feature an all-in-one design with a breakaway halter while the small opening in the base of the muzzles allows horses a limited amount of grass yet unlimited access to water.
- Limits grazing, not drinking.
- Built-in halter with breakaway buckle for safety.
- Lightweight to resist rubbing and chafing.
- Extra breakaway buckle supplied (Deluxe model only)
- 5 -point adjustable breakaway halter system (Deluxe model only)
- Padded noseband.
- Robust, comfortable nylon/rubber construction.
- Resistant to rot and mildew.