Time-Released Hindgut Balancer
EquiShure promotes normal digestive function by aiding in the maintenance of an optimal hindgut environment and is designed for horses suspected of suffering from or that are at risk of developing hindgut acidosis.
Many horses have hindgut disturbances and EquiShure’s unique encapsulation technology ensures targeted release directly in the hindgut.
The demands placed on horses, as both athletes and breeding animals, dictate that substantial quantities of energy–rich feeds be consumed.
Disturbances in the normal hindgut environment are thought to result from overconsumption of either high–starch concentrates or pasture grasses rich in fructans (sugars).
Hindgut acidosis leads to changes in the bacterial population of the hindgut, digestive disturbances, and reduced digestive efficiency. EquiShure supplies a time-released balancer to neutralise the acid and help maintain a stable hindgut environment, which encourages proper digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Why use EquiShure?
- Helps maintain normal digestive function and an optimal hindgut environment
- Patented encapsulation technology allows for targeted delivery of sodium bicarbonate to the hindgut
- Stabilises and maintains normal hindgut pH to reduce the risk of hindgut acidosis and associated disorders
- May help improve digestive efficiency
When to use EquiShure
- Horses on moderate or high grain diets
- Horses grazing on lush pasture
- Horses with digestive upsets resulting in loose manure
- Horses prone to recurrent mild colic
- Inappetence or picky eaters and poor doers or prone to weight loss
- Horses with unexplainable behaviour problems
- Horses under stress of training, travel or sales preparation