Betadine Antiseptic Ointment 25g
Betadine antiseptics are the most effective antiseptics available, inactivating all known types of infecting organisms, bacteria, fungi and even viruses.
The brown colour of betadine antiseptics shows the area that has been treated and also denotes the activity of the product. While it is brown its working. In most cases Betadine antiseptics are non-irritating and non stinging to skin and mucous membranes. It does not permanently stain skin or natural fabrics and the treated area maybe covered without risk of adverse effects.
Betadine Antiseptic can be use on,
- Cuts, Wounds and abrasions.
- Minor Burns
- Tinea (Athletes foot)
- Paronychia (Infected fingernails)
- Impetigo (School sores)
- Chicken Pox sores
Povidine-Iodine 10% w/w Equivalent to 1% available Iodine.
Apply directly to the affected area 2 to 3 times daily.
For more detailed instructions for specific conditions refer to the instruction leaflet.
Not To Be Used:
- If you have hypersensitivity to iodine or povidine.
- If you have known thyroid disease including goiter, thyroid nodules or other thyroid diseases (especially in older patients)
- Should not be use for 4 weeks prior to treatment of Cancer of the thyroid.
- Should not be applied over a long period of time and to large areas of the skin. ( not to more than 10% of total body surface and for no longer than 14 days)